Tracker is the eighth solo studio album by the British singer-songwriter and guitarist Mark Knopfler, released on 16 March 2015 (17 March 2015 in North America). Tracker was released on CD, double vinyl, deluxe CD with four bonus tracks, and a box set with the album on both CD and vinyl formats and a bonus CD with six extra tracks and a DVD with a short film directed by Henrik Hansen and an interview with Knopfler.
All guitars: Mark Knopfler All keyboards: Guy Fletcher Fiddle and cittern: John McCusker Whistle and wooden flute: Mike McGoldrick Upright and electric bass: Glenn Worf Drums: Ian Thomas. Guest vocals on tracks 2, 4, 7, 11 and 13: Ruth Moody Saxophones on 3 and 11: Nigel Hitchcock Trumpet on 11: Tom Walsh Fiddle on 1 and 5, acc rhythm guitar on 8 and banjo on 12: Bruce Molsky Accordion on 1, 5, and 8: Phil Cunningham Tenor guitar on 1 and 8: Mike McGoldrick Bass on 3 and 6 and ukulele.
Tracker (CD, Album). British Grove Records, Verve Records. how can anyone fault the venerable Mark Knopfler?! This album has everything that one expects from him; beautiful songs, excellent guitaring and above all an album that's been beautifully put together. While "Privateering" was a Knopfler album through and through, I find this album to resemble Dire Straits on a few tracks. Reply Notify me 2 Helpful.
When he left Dire Straits behind, he also left behind any semblance of playing for the cheap seats in an arena, but Tracker feels quieter than his new millennial norm. Some of this is due to the undercurrent of reflection tugging at the record's momentum. Knopfler isn't pining for the past but he is looking back, sometimes wistfully, sometimes with a resigned smile, and he appropriately draws upon sounds that he's long loved.
That is a guitar with a lot of history. On his solo album Tracker which is released in 2015, it has many Knopfler’s nostalgic segments from life. From beginning to the end within the walls of British Grove Studio, which Mark built more than 10 years ago as a monument to past and future technology, collection of vintage cars which he drives and exhibits, his studio is his passion. He said that he is there only when he has something to record. And he should be there more time. The journey through 11 songs of the album Tracker, encompasses points of Knopfler’s life.
Contact Mark Knopfler - Tracker on Messenger. A new video for ‘Wherever I Go,’ the ballad by Mark Knopfler featuring Ruth Moody that ends his current album ‘Tracker,’ has been unveiled.
Rock Folk rock Blues Blues rock Folk Country Celtic folk. Laughs And Jokes And Drinks And Smokes. Mighty Man. Broken Bones.
Home Music Mark Knopfler, Tracker album release details. Mark Knopfler, Tracker album release details.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Laugh And Jokes And Drinks And Smokes||6:41|
|7||Long Cool Girl||5:06|
|8||Lights Of Taormina||6:09|
|11||Whenever I Go
Featuring – Ruth Moody
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Will D. Side Ltd.
- Copyright (c) – Will D. Side Ltd.
- Licensed To – Mercury Records Ltd.
- Marketed By – Universal Music Australia
- Engineered At – British Grove
- Glass Mastered At – Sony Dadc
- Accordion – Phil Cunningham (tracks: 1, 5, 8)
- Bass – Guy Fletcher (tracks: 3, 6)
- Drums – Ian 'Ianto' Thomas*
- Electric Upright Bass – Glenn Worf
- Fiddle – Bruce Molsky (tracks: 1, 5)
- Fiddle, Cittern – John McCusker
- Guitar [Tenor] – Mike McGoldrick* (tracks: 1, 8)
- Guitar [Terz] – Mark Knopfler (tracks: 2, 3, 5, 11)
- Mandolin – Mark Knopfler (tracks: 2)
- Mastered By – Bob Ludwig
- Producer, Engineer, Keyboards – Guy Fletcher
- Rhythm Guitar – Bruce Molsky (tracks: 8)
- Saxophone – Nigel Hitchcock (tracks: 3, 11)
- Trumpet – Tom Walsh (tracks: 11)
- Ukulele – Guy Fletcher (tracks: 4)
- Vocals – Ruth Moody (tracks: 2, 4, 7, 11)
- Washboard – Ian 'Ianto' Thomas* (tracks: 4)
- Whistle, Flute [Wooden] – Mike McGoldrick*
- Written-By, Producer, Guitar – Mark Knopfler
NotesTrack durations not reported on CD/cover, but taken from iTunes.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (Scanned): 602547129284
- Barcode (Text): 6 02547 12928 4
- Label Code: LC00542
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): 4712928 15 A00
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI L555
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 946T
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1 Outer ring): Sony DADC [Universal logo]
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): 4712928 22 A00
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2 Outer ring): Sony DADC [Universal logo]
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI L552
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 9410
- Rights Society: BIEM/SDRM
|4716982||Mark Knopfler||Tracker (2xLP, Album)||British Grove Records||4716982||Europe||2015|
|00602547196309||Mark Knopfler||Tracker (CD, Album)||British Grove Records||00602547196309||Ukraine||2015|
|B0022726-02||Mark Knopfler||Tracker (CD, Album, Dlx)||British Grove Records||B0022726-02||US||2015|
|B0022725-02||Mark Knopfler||Tracker (CD, Album)||British Grove Records, Verve Records||B0022725-02||US||2015|
|4716979||Mark Knopfler||Tracker (CD, Album, Dlx)||British Grove Records||4716979||Europe||2015|