- Title:Bare Bones
- Style:Contemporary Jazz
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1392 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1143 megabytes
- Size WMA version1149 megabytes
- Formats:WMA AC3 FLAC MP2 AUD MPC MOD
Bare Bones is the fifth studio album by American jazz singer Madeleine Peyroux. It was released on March 10, 2009. The album received both critical and public acclaim. Commercially, it reached number 1 on the Jazz charts and entered on the Billboard 200 at number 71. The album debuted and peaked at number 12 on the Official UK Albums Chart.
Bare Bones (CDr, Album, Promo + DVDr, Promo). Universal Music Australia. Chrysalis Music Sampler (CD, Promo, Smplr). Bare Bones (CD, Album). Rounder Records, Decca, ООО Юниверсал Мьюзик.
by Madeleine Peyroux - 11 Tracks - 49:47. Release date 03/03/2009. Damn The Circumstances. 5. You Can't Do Me. Madeleine Peyroux. 6. Love And Treachery. 7. Our Lady Of Pigalle. 8. Homeless Happiness. 9. To Love You All Over Again.
Bare Bones, is vocalist Madeleine Peyroux's third in the last four years and most personal, since she was involved in the writing of all 11 tracks and providing lyrics that are highly introspective. Peyroux also accompanies herself on acoustic guitar throughout. This is a storytelling album, a mission at which Peyroux excels. Whatever tale she is telling, she does it with the 'little girl' quality of her vocal, which lends itself most ably to the honest unfolding of the album's stories. An additional and helpful bonus is the insert containing all of the song lyrics.
Bare Bones (2009) - download the album and listen online. On this page you can listen to the album, get information about the album, see the list of songs and much more. Listen online and stay in a good mood. Org Album: Bare Bones (2009).
Bare Bones" is Madeleine Peyroux's first attempt at recording "modern" music, which for her means a non-Billie Holliday sounding, non-traditional jazz sound where she has written or co-written all 11 songs on the record. Her voice still sounds like Holliday's, but the songs on this record, while similar to previous Ms. Peyroux's recordings about love, loss, and modern living sounds like early 21st century life as opposed to early to mid 20th century life. She took the time to develop her style as a buster on the streets of Paris. This effort shows in her music. This album also displays her talents as a songwriter & not just as an interpreter of someone else's work. This album is an excellent introduction to her music. Madeleine is like a fine wine.
Bare Bones Tracklist. 2. Bare Bones Lyrics.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Percussion, Organ [Estey] – Larry KleinWritten-By – J. Coryell*, M. Peyroux*
Written-By – L. Klein*, M. Peyroux*, W. Becker*
|3||Damn The Circumstances
Written-By – D. Batteau*, L. Klein*, M. Peyroux*
|4||River Of Tears
Written-By – L. Klein*, M. Peyroux*
|5||You Can't Do Me
Backing Vocals – Luciana Souza, Rebecca PidgeonWritten-By – L. Klein*, M. Peyroux*, W. Becker*
|6||Love And Treachery
Written-By – J. Henry*, L. Klein*, M. Peyroux*
|7||Our Lady Of Pigalle
Trumpet, Fiddle [Nyckelharpa] – Carla KihlstedtWritten-By – D. Batteau*, L. Klein*, M. Peyroux*
Written-By – J. Coryell*, M. Peyroux*
|9||To Love You All Over Again
Written-By – D. Batteau*, M. Peyroux*
|10||I Must Be Saved
Written-By – M. Peyroux*
Written-By – L. Klein*, M. Peyroux*, S. Wayland*
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Rounder Records Corp.
- Copyright (c) – Rounder Records Corp.
- Licensed To – Decca Music Group Limited
- Recorded At – Henson Recording Studios
- Recorded At – Market Street
- Mixed At – Market Street
- Mastered At – Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Published By – Red Hat Music
- Published By – Pennywell Publishing
- Published By – Zeon Music
- Published By – Exegesis
- Published By – Chrysalis Music
- Published By – Highways Of Sound
- Published By – Blood Count Music
- Published By – Amsco Publications
- Art Direction, Design – Carla Leighton
- Bass – Larry Klein
- Coordinator [Production] – Cindi Peters
- Drums, Percussion – Vinnie Colaiuta
- Electric Guitar – Dean Parks
- Engineer [Assistent] – Nicolas Essig
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Organ [Hammond, Estey] – Larry Goldings (tracks: 2 to 5, 7, 10, 11)
- Photography By – James Minchin*
- Piano – Jim Beard
- Producer – Larry Klein
- Recorded By, Mixed By – Helik Hadar
- Violin – Carla Kihlstedt (tracks: 4, 5, 7, 9, 11)
- Vocals, Acoustic Guitar – Madeleine Peyroux
NotesRecorded at Henson Studios, Hollywood, CA and Market Street, Santa Monica, CA.
Mixed at Market Street, Santa Monica, CA.
Mastered at Bernie Grundman Mastering, Hollywood, CA
℗ © 2009 Ronder Records Corp.
Outside North America exclusively licensed to Decca Music Group Limited
Made in the EU.
Super jewel case inside card slipcase.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 0 11661 32732 0
- Matrix / Runout: 6132722 01
- Matrix / Runout (Inner hub): MADE IN THE UK
- Mastering SID Code: IFPI L136
- Mould SID Code (Outer hub): IFPI 04AZ
- Mould SID Code (Inner hub): IFPI 0479
- Matrix / Runout (Logo)(4x): Universal
- Label Code: LC 00171
- Rights Society: BIEM / SABAM
- Other (After catalogue number): DH
|613 2722||Madeleine Peyroux||Bare Bones (CD, Album)||Rounder Records, Decca||613 2722||Europe||2009|
|460502670147||Madeleine Peyroux||Bare Bones (CD, Album)||Rounder Records, Decca, ООО «Юниверсал Мьюзик»||460502670147||Russia||2009|
|11661-3272-2||Madeleine Peyroux||Bare Bones (CD, Album)||Rounder Records||11661-3272-2||Canada||2009|
|MFSL 2-323||Madeleine Peyroux||Bare Bones (2xLP, Album, Ltd, Num, RM)||Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab||MFSL 2-323||US||2010|
|613 2722 D H||Madeleine Peyroux||Bare Bones (CD, Album, Sup)||Rounder Records, Decca||613 2722 D H||Europe||2009|