- Performer:Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe
- Title:Levitation Praxis Pt. 4
- Style:Ambient, Experimental
- Date of release:
- Size FLAC version1326 megabytes
- Size MP3 version1525 megabytes
- Size WMA version1355 megabytes
- Formats:DMF MP1 XM AIFF AAC MP3 DTS
Album · 2017 · 2 Songs. End of Summer (with Hildur Gudnadottir & Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe) - EP. 2015. FRKWYS, Vol. 12 - We Know Each Other Somehow.
Stunningly immersive albu. obert Aiki Aubrey Lowe. Photograph: Tanya Traboulsi. Harry Bertoia designed furniture – most famously wire chairs, amorphic and functional – but he also built sound sculptures and left a collection of huge pieces in a converted sonambient barn in Pennsylvania. He sings himself, too, high and eerie, and the effect is ghostly and lush, untethered and earthbound.
Complete your Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe collection. referencing Levitation Praxis Pt. 4, LP, Album, Ltd, Tra, DDS025. Metaphysical! Bertoia& soundsculptures are revisited here.
Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe returns to Demdike Stare’s DDS label. An extended Sonambient piece recorded at Harry Bertoia’s infamous Barn, split into two sides. Mastered and cut by Matt Colton. Colour vinyl repress. Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe returns to Demdike Stare’s DDS label.
Prolific experimentalist, Robert Aiki Aubrey Low, returns to Demdike Stare's quietly impressive DDS imprint, some 12 months on from his last outing on the label. Big Tip, and a reccomended listen on our Deep Listening Station (in store). Levitation Praxis: Part 4 is made up of two atmospheric works.
- Distributed By – Boomkat
- Lacquer Cut At – Alchemy Mastering
- Published By – Raikial Musics
- Published By – Mute Song
- Commissioned By – Shannon Stratton
- Lacquer Cut By – Matt Colton
- Recorded By – Carson Parish
NotesEdition of 500 copies on black vinyl.
Commissioned for Museum of Arts and Design. Recorded July 15, 2016 in conjunction with "Atmosphere for Enjoyment" exhibition utilizing Val Bertoia's Sonambient sculptures.
Thanks to Val Bertoia, Shannon Stratton, Miles Whittaker, Sean Canty. Raikial Musics ASCAP/Mute Song 2017 [email protected]
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A): DDS 025 A1 =MATT @ ALCHEMY=
- Matrix / Runout (Side B): DDS 025 B1
- Rights Society: ASCAP
|DDS025||Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe*||Levitation Praxis Pt. 4 (LP, Album, Ltd, Tra)||DDS||DDS025||UK||2017|